Thursday 15 December 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet

 Janet was doing her sister who had just been widowed a big favour. This consisted of looking after Alfie her sisters little boy. More of a little monster as far as Janet was concerned, and she was having trouble finding very much she liked about him. He was an only child, spoilt and used to getting his own way. Janet was relieved she only had him on the occasional weekend. This Saturday the snow was on the ground and it was a clear bright day, so Janet thought Alfie might like to play outside in the snow, but no, he wanted to stay inside and watch cartoons on the television. She took all their outdoor clothes off and hung them up in the cloakroom, and made herself a cup of tea. No sooner had that been achieved when Alfie changed his mind and wanted to make some snowballs. On go the outdoor clothes again and out they go. Janet didn't like the cold, but was willing to put up with it if it kept Alfie occupied for more than five minutes. Five minutes after complaining of cold feet and hands Alfie wanted to go in again and Janets patience was wearing thin. She loved the sun and the warm weather and said to no one in particular " I need a six month vacation, twice a year" That would get her out of looking after Alfie, but it was all a pipe dream. She had to work and couldn't afford to live abroad for months on end, but it was nice to dream.



I am linking this to Jos theme of Snowy Winter on Art Journal Journey

7 comments:

Neet said...

What a delightful child, sounds a bit like my thoughts the other day. We had quite a lot of snow where I am and my head kept saying "go outside and build a snowman" but then reality crept in and my other head said "no, it is too cold and you will be wet and feel terrible". Needless to say which won.
Despite feeling annoyed with Alfie I do sympathise in a way.
Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous snowy page and story! Loving Janet's coat and hat and those snowy trees look so pretty in the background - the prefect snowy winter 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at the AJJ and sending you happy wishes this December! Hugs Jo x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely story and page ids like Alfie make one wish for lots of holidays. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great snowy scene Wendy. And poor Janet. I think we can all relate to her, whether it was our children, grandchildren or even our siblings when we were kids. I like Janet's coat too. Thanks for joining us for Jo's challenge at AJJ too. Have a great rest of your week. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I apologize for being so late visiting. I attended a funeral that turned into a two day event. Poor Janet. I feel for how she feels about Alfie. I LOVE that background, the trees and Janet's coat. I also love how her scarf matches her socks/leggings. This is a wonderful story and art, and is perfect for Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

That was a great story and I know some children like that, I wouldn't enjoy that either! I had to laugh, you really did a great job of portraying the little one on your page and she too!
Well thought out everything!
have a beautiful advent, hugs Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this - my Granddaughter is staying with her much younger cousins at the moment and she told me that after the first few days she is exhausted! I'll show her this when she visits next! Hugs, Chrisx

Blog Archive