Thursday 8 December 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet.

 The snarky words from Tim Holtz today are 'I survived another meeting that should have been an email' That sounds familiar to me, as I have sat through many meetings that could have been dealt with in a few sentences on an email. Corrine has been at such a meeting and had arranged to meet Angela and Mary to go into town for some late Christmas shopping. She hadn't been able to message them as they were not allowed to use their mobile phones whilst the meeting was in progress. She had however let them know she would be late as soon as she got out of the room. Angela and Mary were waiting in their usual place just on the edge of their town where they could catch the bus there for the city shopping centre. It had begun to snow and they were looking at the snow covered hills and slowly freezing to the spot. By the time Corrine arrived the two girls were ready to have a real grumble at her, even though they knew it was not her fault. Before they could utter one Corrine quickly said " I survived another meeting that should have been an email" There wasn't a lot they could say, so quietly waited for the bus, hoping the snow wouldn't get any worse.



I am linking this to Jo's theme of Snowy Winter on Art Journal Journey

7 comments:

Neet said...

I must say that as chair of our local craft group I have to be on my toes keeping the chit chat to a minimum and it is not always easy. We women thrive on chit chat, but I am managing to only have two a year, an AGM and one interim meeting.
I know what you mean though some people have meetings for the sake of meetings.
Love your double spread, something I rarely do but which is easier with Jo's topic of snow so watch out, I might break the mould and do a double soon.
Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous snowy winter page! Loving the tree stamp and the gorgeously styled and coloured figures and your story is wonderful, it depicts the word perfectly 😊. That little dog is adorable too! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey and enjoy the rest of your week and happy weekend! Hugs Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

I've been in lots of waste-my-time meetings too, which is even worse when they could have been emails. I like how Corinne is dressed in that festive red and green outfit. Perfect for shopping. Your story really works perfect for the quote, and I do like your winter scene. It's perfect for Jo's challenge. Thanks for joining us at AJJ for Jo's challenge. Happy rest of the week to you. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I remember when I interned at AT&T in Omaha, Nebraska, we had lots of meetings. I can empathize with Corrine. I think this is a lovely entry and I like both the story and the ladies you chose that brought the story to life. It's also a really great entry for Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Valerie-Jael said...

This is fabulous, Wendy, love the page and the story. Yes, some meetings are really like that! Thanks for linking to AJJ, hugs, valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

I think we may all have had meetings like that. I love the outfits the friends are wearing. Hugs, Chrisx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

That is very lovely story,I know it from the real world to and fabulous winter page!
Have a happy advent, hugs Elke

Blog Archive