Thursday 29 December 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet.

 Another rushed one done the night before and this time with Tim Holtz snarky words of 'If it requires pants or a bra, it's not happening today' Not an easy one this week. It's New Years Eve and Janet and her friend Grace are going to a fancy dress party in the evening. Grace hadn't a clue what to go as and asked Janet if she could help out with an idea or two. Janet was really into films and loved some of the older type films and suggested Grace go for someone like Grace Kelly or Audrey Hepburn. Grace like modern films and the only thing she could think of and not letting Janet and her ideas down she said " If it requires pants and a bra, it's not going to happen today" Janet didn't really understand, but then realised that it didn't look as if Grace had a bra on today and was wearing clothes not suited to the snowy weather they were having. The boots would be ok for the snow but not the skimpy outfit Grace was wearing, she didn't like to inquire if Grace had pants on under those shorts. Not being able to think of someone who could fit that requirement and not be embarrassed to be seen with, Janet gave up and told Grace she would have to think of something herself.

I am linking this to Jo's theme of Snowy Winter on Art Journal Journey



7 comments:

Neet said...

Gosh it sure looks chilly where those two are. Don't know about you but it's high winds and torrential rain for us - and we are up in The Lakes at the caravan so you can imagine how it really is. Thank goodness we are not going to a fancy dress like these two or it is snowing.
Have a Happy New Year and good wishes for 2023.
Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Great page for the words today and I think it looks chilly there 😊. Loving the snowy trees and thanks so much for joining my theme with all your wonderful pages this month! Wishing you all the very best for 2023, Happy New Year! Hugs Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ooh! Not the best of outfits for this time of year! I used to love fancy dress parties - not sure how happy I would be these days! Love your page Wendy, hugs, Chrisx

Gillena Cox said...

you made me smile today.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Link to my 12 Days of Christmas HERE

There is an annual festival happening at my blog now. I invite you to link up. You do not have to place a link back link on your blog; just link up.

I will after the festival catch up with prompts and add my links

MUCH🎄LOVE

Gillena Cox said...

Hi Wendy . All the Best for the New Year. Thank you for linking to the Twelve days of Christmas at my blog.

Much🌲love

My name is Erika. said...

You managed to pull this off Wendy! I like the snowy winter theme as well as the New Years Eve story. It fits perfect with Jo's theme and also with this weekend. Sorry it took me a bit to stop by, but thanks so much for linking up to Jo's challenge at AJJ. Happy new year to you, and I hope the end of this year winds down nicely for you. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'd say Grace was certainly under dressed for the weather. She even looks cold, but maybe that is just because I am (grin). A clever story and a fun entry for Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey. And here's to a wonderful New Year.

Blog Archive