Thursday 22 December 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet

The snarky comment this week is a ‘ I may be wrong, but I doubt it’  A bit last minute this week, I don't know where the time goes. I have used a snowy scene through the window so I can link this the Jo's theme of Snowy Winter on Art Journal Journey. Meg and her little sister Jane have just finished decorating the artificial Christmas tree and are trying their best not to look at the presents under the tree to see who they are from and try to guess what they are.  Not that I ever did that of course, Oh actually I still do. Meg doesn't believe in Father Christmas anymore and can't believe that Jane still does. They were in a deep conversation about presents and what they hoped to get. Jane wanted a new bike and was a bit concerned that it wouldn't go down the chimney in Santas sack. Meg said, "well as it's mum and dad that buy all the presents I wouldn't worry about it" Suddenly realising what she had said and before Jane started crying she tried to explain that as Santa is so busy he had to ask some of the parents to deliver them for him, especially the larger ones. Hoping that that would satisfy Jane who was looking very dubious. Meg said "I may be wrong, but I doubt it" The last bit under her breath, with a louder bit for Jane which was "but I don't think so, Santa will be really busy this year.

Have a lovely Christmas and a happy, healthy 2023 xx



7 comments:

Neet said...

That old telepathy is at it again - both used windows.
Love the little one with the turban on her head - is she a Dylusion figure? it's a really nice bright scene you have created there.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps Merry Christmas - must jot you an email - thanks for the card

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely story and page, and that quote was made for me! Thanks for linking to AJJ, hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Your story is so interesting to read again and your play turned out fabulous too. I wish you a Merry Christmas!
Hugs, Elke

My name is Erika. said...

This is another fun page Wendy. And I love how you made it so festive also. It is perfect for AJJ (thanks for sharing with us). Have a very Merry Christmas also. hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous and fun page! Loving the snowy winter through the window and of course that gorgeous Christmas tree, thanks for joining us at AJJ 😊. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you all the very best for 2023! Hugs Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this Wendy - a great story for Christmas and perfect for Jo's AJJ theme. Hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I am late visiting. I was offline due to a storm that knocked out my internet and phone from Friday morning through Monday afternoon. These girls are cute and the snow scene outside the window is a clever way to be able to link to Jo's theme at AJJ. I enjoyed the story and liked how Meg tried to back out of the truthful remark about Santa.

I may have been forced offline by the storm and couldn't wish you a Merry Christmas, but I want to wish you a joyous, safe, healthy, and prosperous 2023 in advance of the new year.


Blog Archive