Thursday 2 June 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet

 Another day of outward smiles and inward screams are the words this week. Freda is not having a good day, for a start it's half term so Micky is home and getting into his usual antics. His can be quite a good boy, and really kind but sometimes he can be very naughty. As far as Micky is concerned he is having a be kind to mum day. They were going to have fish and chips for supper but it was a public holiday so the fish and chip shop was closed. His mum had asked him if egg and chips would do instead and he really didn't fancy that. Mickie's solution was a simple one, he had a net, they had a goldfish pond, no problem. So off he goes when mum was busy and sat patiently by the pond waiting for one to swim into his net. He had been very clever and had put some fish food in the net first. If it didn't work with their fish the next door neighbour had a pond as well. Luckily for the neighbours Micky managed to catch two fish, and took them in to show his mum, proud as punch. His mum didn't quite know how to react apart from hoping they were still alive so she could put them back into the pond. She explained to him that they didn't eat that sort of fish and smiled at him so he wouldn't feel too bad, inwardly she was screaming. Freda thought as he had been very thoughtful they would go to the supermarket and buy some frozen fish and chips that they could cook straight away in the oven.

I am linking this to Mia's theme of fish on Art Journal Journey




10 comments:

Neet said...

Love the thinking behind this one and such a lovely journal page too - that's a great background you have made, unusual colour combination but boy, it does work.
Hugs, Neet x

Sharon Fritchman said...

Ooooh, your page is so fabulous and VERY fun, Wendy! I love your imagination and the story behind it, too. It's absolutely amazing. Thank you for sharing it with us, Sharon

My name is Erika. said...

Oh no. Those poor goldfish. This is a really fun and clever take on Mia's challenge Wendy. And I like that story too. I was wondering what you and Neet would be doing with fish this month. Happy June. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

I think I forgot to say thanks for joining us also at AJJ. So thank you.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love everything about this, Wendy. I love the background, the colors you chose, the dress, leggings. and hat on the mother, and the little boy in his colorful outfit with his goldfish. Clever backstory for the prompt. It is a winner for Mia's theme at Art Journal Journey, and, in case you can't tell, I love it!!

Meggymay said...

A great story and fantastic page Wendy, those poor fish what a tale they would have to tell when they got back in the pond. Thank you for linking with the new AJJ theme.
Yvonne xx

Rika said...

Stunning page, great take on the challenge!

Mia said...

Beautiful story and design on your page, Wendy! I LOVE these quirky images! Thank you so much for joining my challenge at AJJ. Kisses!!!

DVArtist said...

I thought I commented on this post already. Wonderful story. I agree the poor fish. You have a wonderful imagination, I enjoyed this very much. Have a lovely day.

nwilliams6 said...

Fun, Wendy - I can see that happening too! LOL. Love the boy and the fish and the fun background. Great job with both your inspirational themes. Hugz

Blog Archive