Thursday 25 June 2020

Thursday Journal with Neet

This week the words are 'If in doubt put a bird on it'  I have used a mop up page that has been brayered for the background.  I stamped a few stitches on the background and used a stencils around the edges, I can now enter it in Halle's theme of A stitch in time on Art Journal Journey.
I chose the figure that already had a bird on her head, and then added some fungi with another bird sitting on top of one of them. That one is looking with some amazement at the one on her head.
This was done late last night as I have been at my daughters since Saturday as she has moved her shop ( marine/tropical fish/ reptiles) to bigger premises, and I made myself useful with a mop, making up shelves and loading them up. I am now very tired and just about to have a shower and go to bed.


9 comments:

Neet said...

I never thought of that figure Wendy (because I always thought of it as being silly with that bird) but now I see how it can be used especially with this sentiment I might use her a bit more. I love the oranges you have used and the hot pink against the blue background - lovely complimentary colour use.
Your mop ups always look fine, mine don't!
Hugs, Neet xx
ps hope Karen has made the right move with the new premises, wish her luck from me.

Heather said...

Lovely colours as always Wendy. I am envious of your mop up pages.

My name is Erika. said...

That is a nice bird hat Wendy. And it's a good place to put a bird. And the bird on the mushrooms is very cute. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at AJJ. The stitching works great! Hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Fantastically chosen for the topic!
You were very creative and beautiful!
Have a good day, Elke

Halle said...

Super fun and I love the quote!! My go-to is usually a flower. :)
Sorry I am so late in visiting your piece for A Stitch in Time...its been a crazy busy week.

Meggymay said...

A wonderful fun page Wendy, the birds are so cute. Thank you for linking to Halle's theme at AJJ.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

I love this one Wendy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What fun, Wendy. I love the lady with the bird hat. It is quite clever that you used it in conjunction with the bird on the mushrooms. Great choices, beautiful background, especially for a mop up page, and nicely colored, too. So delighted you shared this with us at Art Journal Journey using Halle's theme. BTW, your faux stitches are SO much prettier than my real wonky ones (grin).

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mum :-)
Brilliant page and love that bird looking at the other one!

Blog Archive