Thursday 4 June 2020

Thursday Journal with Neet

' Sorry, but the cat and I have plans for the evening' are the words this week.
The background is Distress inked and then sort of scribbled over. The figure and animals are coloured with watercolour pens. I have added some stitches around the lettering and edges of the page. The lettering of Dyan's on the stamp sheet was too large for the page size, so I typed it and added the speech bubble, as I had made a mess of my own lettering behind it by smudging it. The cat looks smug and the dogs who are not going out look very disgruntled.



I an not sure but hope that this will fit in with Halle's theme of A stitch in time on Art journal Journey
Halle, please feel free to take it off if it doesn't.

8 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Ha-ha. I love how you and Neet do this and come up with such different takes. Those dogs are funny! Thanks for linking this with Halle's challenge at Art Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

Neet said...

|That's an amusing take on the theme today. Made me smile. Sorry your lettering did not work out but that was a good idea to cover it like that and use stitching around the speech shape.
Hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

Brilliant! I love this one Wendy! xx

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous fun page and I wonder what plans were made. The cross stitch fits with Halle's AJJ theme, thanks for linking up with us Wendy.
Yvonne xx

Halle said...

Very fun page! Thanks for linking up!

Heather said...

Poor dogs! I love this quirky page - gorgeous colouring as usual and the stitching adds that something extra.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's a totally different take on the quote you chose this week, Wendy. I have to admit, Neet's version fits my life to a t. I don't have dogs, so this was unique and different. It's amazing how yu two come up with such different ideas using the same quote. Thanks also for sharing this with us at Art journal Journey using Halle's theme. I personally think it's a lovely entry, dear.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Absolutely adorable!!! I would love to know what their plans are!!! Maybe they are going to an art class! Hope all is well with you. HUGS!

Blog Archive