Thursday 18 June 2020

Thursday Journal with Neet

'Two heads are better than one' are the words this week.  I started of with a mop up page, and brayered over it. I used stencils for the stitching and dress forms. The lady on the left is asking her friend which dress she should wear at the meeting she is going to. Her friend doesn't look as if she cares either way. She will no doubt make up her own mind.
Dyan's words are on the left, and I have added my own for the question.


I am entering this in on Art Journal Journey, as Halle's theme is a 'stitch in time'

We had the most awful thunder and lightning storm on Tuesday evening that I have experienced for many years. I am on my own this week, and the rain was like a monsoon. It was on the news someone told me.
It found many places to come into the bungalows the gutters were not coping at all. A waterfall outside the kitchen window, everywhere in the back porch, the dining room ceiling where I had to pull one of the inset lights down to let the water out quickly so it didn't bring the ceiling down, and the front door and one of the window sills. I don't now how many towels I used, but filled two sink bowls in the dining room. I didn't know what to tackle first. By 11pm I was so tired I could hardly function properly, but threw all the towels in the washing machine and dried the floors. The next expense will be getting someone in to replace the gutters with bigger ones.

 The coming severe storm on Tuesday night. From the kitchen window.

 Rose Hot Chocolate
 Rose Lightning strike

Rose Brush strokes.

 Rose Heathcliff
Sunset from the lounge window

8 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Nice art this week. Those would be hard dresses to choose from. and wow, that is a horrible amount of rain Wendy. It sounds like a lot of damage could have happened. But your garden is gorgeous and your roses amazing. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

And thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey too. I was so focused on your rain storm that I forget to mention this. Hugs again-Erika

Neet said...

Gosh that rain sounds like it was a nightmare. Funny (not ha ha) but Mo was flooded to about an inch in her kitchen three times. Hard work when you are on your own and both of you with bad hands (hers is gout!)
Lovely page, I do like the stands for the dresses. I almost did something similar but with hats on them, for heads. I see you are starting doing your own lettering too - just wish I had practised lots in the past and got a 'style' of my own I was happy with.
Take care, hope the house gets sorted soon.
Hugs, Neet xx

Heather said...

My goodness - that must have been worrying to say the least. I hope there hasn't been too much damage done. The garden pics are lovely and I hope the rain hasn't spoiled them. I love this page and think I am with the lady on the left - I don't think much of either dress!

Halle said...

Such a fun piece for A Stitch in Time! Beautiful roses as well!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Wendy, I feel so sorry for you. I've had two floods in my basement over the years that I've had to deal with on my own. I totally understand your frustration and weary feeling when the water had finally abated. Yes, I can even feel your sore muscles starting at your neck!

this is a lovely journal page. That would be a hard decision for me, too. I love dresses and you can never have too many. Thanks so much for another beautiful journal page using Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Meggymay said...

That sounds a terrible storm Wendy and you seemed to cope so well. I think I may have had to call one of the sons for help. I hope you are getting sorted and the rain stays away for a while. I loved the fun journal page thank you for linking it to Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey.
Yvonne xx

Words and Pictures said...

Love the page - and I understand the friend's perspective... work it out for yourself! So sorry to hear about the scary storm - very quick thinking on your part to limit the damage. I'm sure it could have been much worse if you hadn't acted so quickly.
Alison x

Blog Archive