Wednesday 21 August 2019

Thursday Journal with next.

Neet's choice again with ' I ate healthily and exercised today...I had better frikken wake up skinny'
The background is distress oxides with stencils used on top. I added a small amount of stamping.
The figures are painted with watercolour pens.
I have just come back from my daughter's in Swindon and once again I have left this until Wednesday night. I really must get my time organised, too much to do and too little time.
We have visitors at the end of the month, and then I am away on two courses at the beginning of September.


I am also entering this on Art Journal Journey where Gill's theme is Anything with eyes

6 comments:

Neet said...

Love that background Wendy. I have been using yellow quite a bit recently in my journal as it is a good excuse whilst it is still summer. To me it is a summer colour but not one I often use. Beginning to be very fond of yellow.
My goodness, you have been busy and it sounds as if you are going to be for some time too,
Hope K is doing alright. remember me to her please.
Hugs, Neet xx

Heather said...

Love the colours and your subtle use of stencils. I must start work on a journal using coloured media, stencils, etc. As you say, too much to do and not enough time, or maybe in my case not enough incentive!

froebelsternchen said...

Wow this is brilliant Wendy! Thank you for joining AJJ again. Happy time for you! Enjoy everything!
Susi xxx

Gibby Frogett said...

Thanks so much Wendy for sharing another fantastic page with us at AJJ.
You and Neet have really been bringing a smile to my face with your wonderful quirky pieces and quotes :) They are fab stamps.
Love your choice of colours today - great background - a cute monster too.
Have a good weekend... Gill x

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, scrumptious background with those Oxide layers and I love your characters... especially the one with eyes on stalks - how perfect for Gill's challenge!
Alison x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm not sure how I missed this, but I've been in catch-up mode most of this month. I am in love with the background you created Wendy. It was perfect because it made the focal characters (and they ARE characters) POP. You used those watercolor pens so well. You and Neet know how to color those images like no people I've seen. This was a great job. Thanks for sharing them with us using Gill's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Enjoy your company, and I can see you are not about to slow down in September, either.

Blog Archive