Thursday 15 August 2019

Thursday Journal with Neet

This week the words are 'I don't want to seem like I think I'm always right, but I am, that's why it comes across that way' Brilliant, and as Peter says I'm always right so if the cap fits !
I used Dylusion inks for the background, and a few stencils with a Distress Pine Needles ink. The only thing I could quickly lay my hands on for the figure to sit on was a house, but I did cut the chimney off as it looked very uncomfortable for her. The two cats are looking a bit submissive, cos they know she's always right as well.
Hopefully by the time this is published I will be on a sunny beach in South Wales, ok maybe not sunny, but you never know.

I am also entering this in Art Journal Journey with the theme of Eyes
https://art-journal-journey.blogspot.com/2019/08/anything-with-eyes.html




7 comments:

Heather said...

I love this page and it's quirky message. The colours are lovely as always.

My name is Erika. said...

She does look like a woman who would say that, doesn't she? Nice page Wendy.

Neet said...

Hope it was sunny for you and the kids Wendy. Peter's comment??? Only kidding but you left yourself open there.
Love the page, good strong colour for the background.
Hugs, Neet xx

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful, what a quirky girl with the perfect message. Thank you for joining AJJ again!
Susi xxx

Gibby Frogett said...

This made me smile - I wouldn't want to upset her...what a fabulous piece Wendy.
Love all the quirky characters :)
Thank you for sharing with us at AJJ.
Hope your weather is good - I believe its suppose to be improving as the week goes on.
Gill x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

First, I want to say how truly impressed I am with your coloring skills. I can't stay within the lines, and your coloring is PERFECT. Color me totally impressed.

Had to laugh at this latest challenge with Neet, You picked a great image to illustrate the words and of course, I love, love, love the cats. Thanks for sharing these with us using Gill's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Wendy. Always great that you are so supportive.

Barbara said...

Great work! It conveys a funny, and sometimes true, attitude. It’s in the eyes!

Blog Archive