Thursday 25 April 2024

Thursday Journal with Neet

 The words this week are from Tim Holtz snarky comments, 'My level of sarcasm has gotten to the point where I don't even know if I'm kidding or not' Sheila was at home and had invited her friend Marie to spend the afternoon with her to discuss what they were going to do when they went on holiday in July. Generally they both liked doing the same thing, but where to go was proving difficult. Sheila fancied going to the seaside and Marie wanted to go to a city. Sheila wasn't very keen on shopping and really didn't want to spend a holiday wandering around shops. Sheila suggested a holiday by the sea but with a large town nearby, this seemed to be a happy compromise and Marie reluctantly agreed. Sheila couldn't resist asking Marie what was a half flower doing on her head, and Marie said it was a hat. "Well in that case why don't you borrow my ladybird fascinator and put that on your head as well, then if it has greenfly, the ladybird will eat them for you" Marie was not amused and accused Sheila of being sarcastic. I know said Sheila My level of sarcasm has gotten  to the point where  I don't even know if I am being kidding or not"

I am linking this to Valerie's theme of Geometric forms on Art Journal Journey



3 comments:

Neet said...

Love your lime green background Wendy. Obviously you did not have a problem with this quote like I did. Great story, great background.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

This is fabulous Wendy, I am always impressed how well you and Neet write your stories with the lovely illustrations. Great colours, too, and thanks for linking to AJJ. Hugs!

My name is Erika. said...

You have kinds of great geometry on your page Wendy. And I wonder if the quote means that someone speaks without thinking. It's kind of a weird one, do you think so too? But you made a great page with a nice story. Thanks for joining Valerie's challenge. hugs-Erika

Blog Archive