Thursday 18 April 2024

Thursday Journal. with Neet

 This week the words from Tim Holt snarky comments are 'That moment when you hear someone else call your best friend their best friend and  you are like...No' Alicia was at a social at her school and there seemed to be girls there that she didn't know, probably in a different year than her and she obviously hadn't taken much notice ofd them. One girl in particular had started taking to her and was one of those boastful sort of people. What she didn't know or had done just wasn't believable and Alicia was getting a bit bored and couldn't stem the flow of chat and say anything herself. Hoping so much that someone would rescue her she looked about her for her best friend Anne, where on earth was she, she usually came to these dos and had told Alicia that she would definitely be there. This girl Tracey was getting worse and Alicia found it hard not to be rude and try and shut her up, she also had very big feet and a childish hair style. Suddenly Anne appeared across the hall and was coming towards them. Thank goodness for that thought Alicia and at the same time Tracey saw her and said in a very loud voice "here comes my best friend Anne, I'm sure you will like her, she's brilliant". Alicia couldn't believe her ears and could only think of 'that moment when you hear someone else call your best friend their best friend and you are like.. No 

I am having a struggle scanning these last few as I am on my last but one page in my Dylusions journal and somewhat reluctant to buy another one. Hence the shadow on the right edge.

I am linking this to Valeries theme of Geometric forms on Art Journal Journey



3 comments:

Neet said...

No-one would know you had struggled with this Wendy. The story is fine and perfectly acceptable as being true in life. lovely page with the geometric forms.
I know, it's really bad to scan when you get to the end of a journal - you say you are reluctant to buy another? What do you plan on doing as I am getting close to filling my square one and don't want to buy another A4 one.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

I love the jazzy clothes covered in geometric signs, and that's a lovely story to go with it! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I see a lot of geometry here Wendy. Not only the background, but those clothes definitely have lots of geometric shapes. Circles, squares, lines, triangles, stars...wow. Thanks for joining Valerie's challenge at AJJ. And I also would not have guessed that this week's page was a struggle. I know what you mean with those bound journals when you get to the end. I've gone over to spiral bound journals as it is a little easier, but they still get really thick. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

Blog Archive