Thursday 7 December 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

 The words this week are 'I'm just a girl standing in front of a salad, asking it to be a donut' Judy has be persuaded (dragged) by  her friend Grace to the local Spring fare. It's beautiful bright day with a nearly cloudless blue sky, and Grace who is very slim and food conscious has steered Judy towards the food area, where the local ladies have made wonderful spread of healthy looking food. Grace had managed to get Judy to look the other way when they were approaching the fudge stall by taking her via the small animal enclosure, knowing that Judy wouldn’t be able to resist stroking the rabbits. Further on, Judy was not amused to see a table full of salads and kept walking to the very end of the long table to find something that suited her, the obvious answer was hard luck, it was all various forms of salad. Grace could see Judy's face and asked what was wrong. "I'm a girl standing in front of a salad and asking it to be a donut" replied Judy "I don't like rabbit food and I will never be slim like you" "No, you eat too many rubbish foods and sweets, of course you won't, but you really should try and eat healthily, you will feel much better" replied Grace.

I am linking this to my theme of Above us only sky on Art Journal Journey



3 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

What fun quote this week Wendy. I've felt that way myself sometimes. And I like your sky, and I also like those salads. This is another fun Thursday quote page.I hope you're having a lovely week. hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

I know that feeling! I love this page Wendy, you've brightened up a dark grey day! Hugs, Chrisx

Neet said...

Wendy, what happened to my comment? I remember reading your blog and making one so here goes with another.
Springtime is the perfect time to enjoy a salad and I think it is the time of year that we are tired of all the stodgy food we ate over winter to keep us warm. Mind you, saying that, I am thinking of a donut with cream and chocolate on top at the moment.
Hugs, Neet xx

Blog Archive