Thursday 20 April 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet.

'Words cannot express how much I just don't care' are the words this week from Tim Holtz snarky comments. Amanda stood with her hands in her pockets, looking at her best friend and suddenly realising that she didn’t really know her very well. It was a lovely Spring day and all Amanda wanted to do that day was a leisurely stroll in the countryside to see which of the trees had burst into leaf and to perhaps sketch some of the wild flowers. It had been raining for what seemed like weeks and she just wanted to be outside in the fresh air, and the sun was also peeping from around some of the fluffy white clouds. Amanda had asked her best friend to go with her, but Sheila was dressed for shopping which seemed to be her favourite pastime. Amanda did her best to persuade her to go with her and see the lovely Spring countryside and leave the Winter blues behind. Sheila just looked at Amanda as if she was an alien, and said “ words cannot express how much I just don’t care” Amanda knew then that she would be doing the walk on her own and that if Sheila had come with her she probably wouldn’t be able to do any sketching. It was a walk that was maybe best done alone, and she didn’t want to fall out with Sheila, it would be childish. 




I am linking this to Elizabeths  theme on Art Journal Journey which is 'Reuse, recycle. and Repurpose.

5 comments:

Neet said...

Great story - I found this one difficult to do without my character being unpleasant.
Love that you have chosen a different head, ie from a magazine, as I am constantly wishing for new figures from Dylusions that I can use. Am sure you feel the same.
Have a lovely week ahead.
hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

It must be tough to find ways to recycle on your pages, but you've done it so well Wendy. I like the cut out face and the bird. It creates a very interesting page. I hope you continue to do that more after April wraps up, that is if it's your style. Have a wonderful rest of your week, and thanks for joining us at AJJ for Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's challenge. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Amanda was probably wise to visit nature on her own. It sounds like she would have been drug down, otherwise. This is a fun and enjoyable entry for Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Wendy. I love the background and how you colored the girls. Thanks for sharing.


Valerie-Jael said...

LOVE the snarky comment this week, and you have made a great story and journal page using it. And thanks for linking to us at AJJ for Elizabeth's challenge! Hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your page and I'm sure Amanda will have a much better time on her own! Thanks for sharing at AJJ,,hugs, Chrisx

Blog Archive