Thursday 27 April 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

 The theme on Art Journal Journal set by Elizabeth is 'Reuse, recycle and repurpose. So for this page I have used some wrapping paper for the sea and some printed paper of my own for the sand. The head on the left is from one of my own drawings that I had reduced to a smaller size to fit on a tag at some point.      I used distress oxides for the sky.

The words this week are 'Sorry for the mean hurtful things I said to you' Hazel and her friend Lexi are walking on the beach and it's a very quiet Sunday afternoon with hardly anyone in sight. They had previously been in an argument about the idea of walking on the beach in the Winter instead of staying indoors and doing some art work. Hazel wanted to go to the beach and Lexi was all for staying in the warm. Hazel told Lexi that it would do her good and blow the cobwebs away, instead of sitting around in her craft room. Lexi of course didn't agree. As far as she was concerned walking on the beach was a waste of time, doing some art or shopping was her idea of a relaxing time. She then went on a rant about Hazels obsession with a good diet and drinking lots of water and suddenly realised that Hazel was walking away from her and realised she had gone too far and said too much. She really didn't want to fall out with her so she said " Sorry for the mean hurtful things I said to you, I really didn't want to fall out with you. Do you think we could just do a short walk"



5 comments:

Neet said...

Lexi certainly looks quite crestfallen, maybe she really does feel sorry for the hurtful things she has been saying. I hope the two get back on a level footing and all is forgotten soon.
What a lovely idea to repurpose the papers for the sea and sand.
hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

The wrapping and printed papers work so well for the sand and the sea Wendy. I like the background and how the figures look against it. And you story this week too. I hope Lexi really means how sorry she is, but I'm guessing she must. Thanks for joining us again at AJJ with this page and story. Have a super end of the month and start to May also. hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ooh! A walk on the beach - yes please! I'm glad that Lexi found the way to apologise for her rudeness and that they did get out for that walk! Love the seaside background you created! Thanks for all of your entries to AJJ and Elizabeth's theme this month, Hugs, Chrisx

Valerie-Jael said...

Loely page and story again. I am always amazed at the good stories you and Neet come up with each week. Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm late because I have four cats and two households to look after this week. I guess I'm a bit like Lexi, but I am sitting here FREEZING, so a beach walk sounds even colder than my office. However, Bleubeard and I applaud you for the charming story that went so well with your recycled wrapping and hand painted papers, as well as that adorable face you created. Thank you for sharing this adorable page with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme. I DO hope Lexi has found a way to truthfully apologize to Hazel.

Blog Archive