Thursday 6 April 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet,

This snarky saying would suit me perfectly. It is 'I've got it all together, but I forgot where I put it. The number of times I loose things in my studio, I think I have a poltergeist who deliberately hides them. The two friends, Amy and Emily are going to their local village hall where a group of craft ladies are making cards to sell for a church charity. Amy is very well organised and has everything ready to go. Her friend Emily is a bit of a scatterbrain and has arrived empty handed. "Where is all your stuff ? Amy asks, "Well it's like this, I've got it all together but I forgot where I put it. It's all in a bag and I've looked all over the place, and I just can't find it. I thought it would be better to arrive on time instead of spending another hour looking for it" " Well I suppose that was better than not turning up at all. Lets tip all my things on the floor and see if there is enough to share, but you will have to make sure you sit next to me and not let that Mrs Nosey Parker split us up like she did last time" "OK , that's very kind of you, I'll make sure to take enough for both of us for next meeting, thank you, you are a really good friend" said Emily.

Elizabeths theme for this month on Art Journal Journey is Recycle, reuse, repurpose. I have used old rapping paper at  the bottom, a failed gelli print at the top, some old rub ons  and a few of my watercolour test pieces that I was going to throw away.



 

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the snarky comment, I forget a lot these days, too. Love the journal page and the clever use of the bits and pieces! Thanks for linking to Elizabeth's challenge at AJJ, much appreciated, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The exact same thing happened to me this morning. I was working on a hand written message, then LOST it right in my craft room. I looked high and low and had to write it again. I'm such a dufus at times, unlike you. I love the way to wove the story and the art into one cohesive entry and was also able to recycle, too. Thanks for sharing your charming entry with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme.

My name is Erika. said...

This happens to me too. And I love how you know that name Nosey Parker too. Smile. This is another great story Wendy, and you recycled and repurposed in some great ways. I hope you have a great rest of your week and Easter also. hugs-Erika

Gillena Cox said...

LOL
absolutely charming

Muchđź’–love

nwilliams6 said...

Super fun! Love all the recycling and the characters, but the words speak to me more and more every day. Love this page, Wendy. Hugz

pearshapedcrafting said...

What lovely story! I love how you used your scraps. Thanks for sharing at Art Journal Journey, hugs, Chrisx

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Wendy! I can totally relate as I am quite forgetful, too! Don't you hate when you walk into a room and cannot remember what you came there for? LOLOL! Anyway, I love the fun and fabulous art work you created and especially like the story behind it. Have a wonderful Spring and Easter. Hugs, Sharon

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Wendy, well I think your "failed" gelli print makes a wonderful background and adds much to your clever scene. XOX

Blog Archive