Thursday 21 October 2021

Thursday journal with Neet

 Neet has come up with a few more Dyan quotes and the first one is "The journey is the start of the adventure" I have used my small flip journal this time, as all the pages in my large one are the wrong colour to fit in with Tracey's theme of My favourite colour is October on Art Journal Journey.                  Angie has suggested to her friend Paula that they go on an adventure. First of all we have to go on a bit of a long walk and at the end of this walk there is the most incredible haunted house, she explains to a somewhat dubious Paula. How far and how do we get there, Paula wants to know. Well, says Angie we go through the old churchyard and then - hold on interrupts Paula, I'm not walking through any churchyard, far too spooky, especially that one. Oh for goodness sake don't be such a baby Paula, think of it this way The journey is the start of the adventure, you will love it when we get there, it's magical. Well you can jolly well go on your own, I'll sit on this pumpkin and wait for you.




8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely story and journal page again! I like the idea of a walk through the spooky graveyard. We used to do dares like that, and sing 'Cowardy, cowardy custard, go and eat some mustard' if others didn't want to join in! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

nwilliams6 said...

I read on Neet's post she was worried you two were doing different prompts but looks like you were aligned perfectly. I love this story because you know how I love graveyards and pumpkins. Love the background, the graveyeard and the people. Super story too. You two are so creative!!!

I took two of my young grandsons to a memorial park the other day and they loved the old soldier's headstones. When I told them to be careful stepping on the graves as I never step on graves and why, they were shocked. Seems I forgot to mention that people were buried in the graveyards... I was really worried that their parents might censor me in the future, but the boys were unaffected and want to go again. LOL.

Have a great rest of the week, Wendy. Great art.

My name is Erika. said...

I'm with Paula. I think a pumpkin makes the most wonderful seat. Smile. You did a great job with this page Wendy. I love those autumn and Halloween colors. It is perfect for Tracey's challenge at AJJ, thanks. And I love the Halloween theme too. It's nice to have one time a year you can let your "spooky" out in art. Have a super rest of your week. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was amazed at how different each of yours and Neet's pages were. I love the idea of walking in a graveyard and find it a bit enjoyable. The churchyard grave sites are probably a bit spooky and I suspect it could get really spooky at night. To be hones, I've never seen a graveyard attached to a church. They have distinct graveyards far away from churches, here in the states. I really enjoyed the back story, though, It's a great entry using Tracey's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear.

Neet said...

Phedw! Thank goodness we did the same, fingers crossed for next week too.
Love the page, all halloweeny an with such lovely colours.
Hugs, Neet xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Wendy this is amazing, how you captured the graveyard in that quirky angle really makes it look so vast. Not somewhere I'd like to go on an adventure but I know many that love graveyard tours.. I'd be sat on that pumpkin too with my eyes firmly closed hee hee.. Fabulous tale & artwork. I said to Neet that you both should get together and publish some books.
Thanks again for joining me, it's very much appreciated. Hugs TRacey xx

craftytrog said...

Great page and story Wendy!

Meggymay said...

A fabulous journal spread Wendy. Sorry I am late visiting , I hope to catch up soon.
Yvonne xx

Blog Archive