Sunday 3 October 2021

Art Journal Journey - My favourite colour is October

 On Art Journal Journey this month, lovely Tracey has chosen "My favourite colour is October" for her theme. I found an old book with small squares on every page, so thought I would use it for my AJJ pieces as I have filled the other one up. I covered the background with Distress oxide inks and used a leaf stencil with texture paste to give it some texture. I used a dictionary page  with Autumn on, and stamped the saying on separate card. I stamped some leaves and die cut others to add to the page.




7 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

These autumn leaves are lovely Wendy. I like how you arranged them on the page. This is a wonderful page for Tracey's challenge. Thanks so much for sharing. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I do so love those colours and how you used the variation of stamped and die cut leaves. Adding the book page is always a winner in my eyes, beautifully put together.
Thank you for joining me @ AJJ this October Wendy.
Wishing you a creative week ahead Hugs Tracey x

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page Wendy, love the quote, too. Thanks so much for joining us again at AJJ, much appreciated. Have a great week! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is lovely, Wendy. You have created a great background, a beautiful sentiment, and lovely leaves. This truly shouts October to me. This is a great first entry for Tracey's theme at Art Journal Journey. I love those monochromatic colors so much!

Meggymay said...

Thank you for linking this beautiful page to the new AJJ theme Wendy. The colours of the background and the leaves look lovely, its a great quote and I like the way you used the dictionary page and the texture with the leaf stencil.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a wonderful quote for your fabulous leaves. Thank you for sharing it at Art Journal Journey. Hugs, Chrisx

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful combination of elements and colors, Wendy. Love it!!! Hugz

Blog Archive