Saturday 9 October 2021

Art Journal Journey - My favourite colour is October

Art Journal Journey - My favourite colour is October is the theme set by lovely Tracey for this month. I love the Autumn colours and the picture top right set me off on this page. The colours were just right so I coloured and collaged the rest of the page to go with it. The hedgehogs will soon be collecting the fallen leaves to make a nest too hibernate in. We have been feeding at least two all summer and have a hedgehog house all ready for them. I need to top it up with leaves but they are too wet at the moment. The top left is some information about them. I have added some die cut leaves and two small tags.I am also linking this to Try it on Tuesday where the theme is Autumn blessings.




8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I read about the hedgehogs with great interest. I know several of my British friends have featured them in the past, so I looked them up and found there are no species indicative to the Americas. I am glad you are taking care of their habitat in your garden, and I hope they find a way to survive and thrive again. This is a memorable entry and perfect for Tracey's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks for calling the plight of the hedgehog to our attention, too, Wendy.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful Autumn spread Wemdy! I love that dear little hedgehog!
Alison

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page Wendy, such beautiful colours! Thanks so much for linking to us at AJJ again. Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

What an absolutely fabulous page Wendy. I haven't seen a hedgehog for years.
Thank you so much for joining us at both Try It On Tuesday and Art Journal Journey .Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

I didn't know you could have hedgehog houses in your garden. That is great. Your page is amazing, and I must say, I love the photo of the hedgehog. Thanks for sharing this with us at AJJ for Tracey's challenge. And happy new week Wendy! Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

Also thanks for linking up to Try It on Tuesday also Wendy.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This page warms my heart Wendy, not only that you have been taking care of the hedgehogs but also that you embrace Autumn with it's colours and diversity just as I do. Stunning double page spread with it's content and colours. We've had the opposite with leaves no rain for quite a few days now just the morning mists like I remember as a child. Thanks again for sharing this amazing journal page @ AJJ.
Happy creative week ahead Tracey xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful page with the hedgehog in October. It's great that you take care of the hedgehogs and also have a nest for them. Have a happy week, hugs, Elke

Blog Archive