Monday 28 August 2017

Every Inchie Monday -- Jellyfish

Still at the seaside with the jellyfish this time. Not one of my favourite creatures. I was stung by a Portuguese man of war when I was 14 and my right arm was paralysed for hours. My family thought I was making a real fuss, until another family told us that a little boy had been stung and rushed to hospital. There was a whole raft of them along the Welsh coast on the Thaine peninsula. Never did like going in the sea much !!
The sewn one is on felt and the stampbord one badly drawn.





7 comments:

Unknown said...

Really lovely detail and markings, just my kind of inchie!

inkyfingy said...

Oh, no wonder you don't like them much...I believe the stings are very painful indeed! Love the texture of the sewn one...can you tell me what the little scrap of background fabric is?

Heather said...

Both of them are so good and instantly recognisable. Summer holidays.

Trillian As said...

I don't like jellyfishes neither in nature. But I think they look very nice on photos. Yours look very good on the inchies.

sally said...

Jellyfish are decidedly better on inchies rather than in the ocean!

Sally

JennyJ said...

I remember seeing loads of big white umbrella jellyfish back in 1995 when we were out on our boat off Aberystwyth and they were attracting the green leatherback turtles into Cardigan Bay! Some of the jellyfish were the size of dustbin lids! But if you were stung by a Portuguese MoW then it must have really hurt!! My sympathies and no wonder you don't like them but you certainly made a good job of making them in your inchies. Especially love the fabric one which is how I had envisioned mine but yours is perfect - afraid I made a mess of mine - am gutted I didn't use felting like you plus I kept thinking Wendy will have the right white threads to use for the tentacles - my stash is a bit lean on white!!!

freebird7100 said...

WOW! that is scary! Glad there was no long term effects, I love both of your inchies.

Blog Archive