Thursday 16 November 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet.

 The words this week are 'I'm not great on advice. May I interest you in a sarcastic comment' Not an easy one to tie in with Jo's theme of Nature on Art Journal Journey, but as I keep telling Neet, it's a challenge. Fiona had suggested to her friend Amy that it would make a nice change to go for a walk in the forest instead of a local park, as her dog Dylan could do with a good run without being on a lead. Amy was quite happy with this and having been given enough notice she had taken the rash decision to dye her top green and paint her boots with shoe paint. She thought it would look just right for a walk amongst the trees. Not being very good at practical things the top had turned out really blotchy and the boots were all stripes instead of a nice smooth finish. It was now too late to do anything about it so off she went to meet up with Fiona. As soon as she saw her she knew Fiona was going to say something. After a brief hello, Fiona said "I'm not great on advice. May I interest you in a sarcastic comment ?" Amy knew it was no good saying no so she laughed and asked Fiona what the sarcastic comment was. Fiona had it all ready" I said a walk in the forest not to come disguised as one" Amy was very tempted to say that Fiona's shoes did not look like sensible attire for a walk in the forest, but she kept quiet




4 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I like how you also added a dog. You and Neet must be on the same wavelength-smile. I also like how you made the park by just showing the green treetops. It is definitely a nature scene. :) I also said to Neet some of the comments and the AJJ themes must be tough to combine, but you did it. As you said, it is a challenge. Thanks for joining us Wendy, and have a super rest of your week. hugs-Erika

Neet said...

Nobody would ever know you had found this one difficult to match the quote with Jo's theme at AJJ because your story and picture are just fine.
We both did dogs but mine were humanised in my silly world. We both did a walk in the countryside with the trees in the background. Seems we are on that same wavelength again. Maybe we both need Dyan to come up with some new figures.
Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! Loving those trees and the words made me smile 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ! Hugs, Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a great scene and I love your story - we see some folk wearing the flimsiest of footwear for walking. Thanks for sharing at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

Blog Archive