Thursday 2 November 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

 The words we have this week to start our Thursday Journal with and to link to Jo's theme of Nature on Art Journal Journey are, 'Coffee has given me unrealistic expectations of productivity'  Freya has a list of jobs to do before she allows herself a shopping trip in the afternoon, and her morning usually starts off with her cat Henry winding round her legs trying to get her in the direction of his feeding bowl. This morning though she wants to feed the birds first so they get a chance of not being stalked by Henry. One of them has become very tame and Henry looks on with a mixture of jealousy and hunger. Then Henry gets fed and Freya has a cup of coffee. The ironing is the next on the list, followed by the vacuuming, the kitchen sink to clear of dishes and then to strip the bed so it gets washed while she is out. The list gets longer so Freya has another cup of coffee and then does the ironing. By this time she is too tired to do any more and says to Henry who really isn't listening "Coffee has given me unrealistic expectations of productivity. I will put the sheets in the washer though before I have another cup of coffee.




8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a clever way to tie your snarky comment to Jo's Nature theme at AJJ. I love the birds, but Henry stole my heart. Thanks for sharing and linking this with us at AJJ.

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun take on nature Wendy. I like how you worked it around your coffee quote too. Freya certainly has some magic to attract the birds like she does, especially on her hand. Thanks for joining us at AJJ for Jo's challenge, and have a super rest of your week. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Well done on getting nature, snarky comment and washing all in the same story. Hugs!

Neet said...

You certainly nailed the quote from Tim with your book. She reminds me of a time I was in Paris and a man used to attract all the birds at Montmartre and he had them landing on his arm in a row. I wonder if she can do that? She looks as if she has the ability to me.
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this page, although you have reminded me how much I used to love feeding the birds at our caravan a few years ago. What a clever way to match it to the quote! Hugs, Chrisx

Gillena Cox said...

This is just fabulous 😊

Much🖤love

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun page! Loving Henry and the birds, such a fun story and a wonderful way to capture nature ☺️. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ! I hope you're keeping well ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

At least Freya got to feed the birds.. ironing is so 70's so my Son's always tell me hee hee.
Coffee isn't a miracle worker but it sure does help me in the mornings before I head out the door. Great page, always love your stories, fabulous imagination.
Happy creative November Hugs Tracey x

Blog Archive