Thursday 16 March 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

 'Surround yourself with Tacos, not negativity' are the words this week.  Never having had a taco I had to look it up. Not so for Gloria who was trying to explain what they were to her friend Rosie who was as oblivious to their part in the food chain as I was. Rosie led a very healthy life style and was  managing to keep to her teenage weight. She was also very active and as far as Gloria was concerned, Rosie can’t possibly be having much fun, if she spent all her time worry about what she was eating and using all her energy up doing exercises. Not only that but she grumbled all the time about what Gloria was eating and said that she spent too much time watching television and sitting eating rubbish like crisps and chocolate. Gloria didn’t care, she would worry about that when she was older. Rosie said that was the wrong attitude and Gloria should do something now. Gloria was getting a bit annoyed and all she could think of saying to Rosie without falling out with her was “ Surround yourself with tacos, not negativity ” Gloria did try to verify this by offering Rosie one and tell her how delicious they were.    I am linking this to Art Journal Journey where Valerie’s theme is Anything goes.

8 comments:

Neet said...

I had lots of these when I went to California. The Mexican restaurants were always my favourite ports of call so tacos were familiar to me. Not having a clue what to do or say about the quote though I thought I would attack it literally.
Love your background and your choice of figures to illustrate your fab story.
Hasta la Vista - off to make tacos for tea.
Hugs, Neet xx

Crafting Queen said...

Great journal page and story. Anesha x

My name is Erika. said...

I like how you put on the photo of actual tacos. Nice story again this week too, but I can't believe you didn't know what a taco was. Smile. You need to try one sometime because they're yummy; that is if you can find them where you live. This is another great page this week Wendy, and it's perfect for Valerie's challenge at AJJ.Thanks again for sharing it with us. Have a wonderful rest of your week. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely story and journal page! Tacos are tasty! I hope all is well with you, have a great week, and thanks so much for linking to my challenge at AJJ. Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A great story with the tacos, I ate one earlier that was delicious. I no longer prefer something healthier. Your page goes perfectly with it, yes, if it weren't always so tempting to eat it!
Hug Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really enjoyed the story you shared. So different from Neet's but fun. Loved the girls you chose, especially that hat. Thanks for another great entry using Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Wendy.

pearshapedcrafting said...

We used to visit a restaurant that served delicious tacos - sadly it no longer exists. I love your story and the two young ladies! Thanks for sharing this page at Art Journal Journey, hugs, Chrisx

Matilde said...

Beautiful background at this page 😊

Blog Archive