Thursday 23 March 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

 Tim's snarky comment this week is 'Coffee keeps me going until it's acceptable to drink wine' Beth had gone round to see her friend Mandy and as usual Mandy was sitting on the floor again going nothing. Beth had her favourite outfit on and was rather keen on Mandy joining her on a visit to see her parents. Beth had decided to drop out of the English course at the local college, and try her hand at dress design instead. She loved clothes and could draw well so instead of going into teaching she could get into the fashion world and earn far more money. She realised she would have to be really good at it to actually get a good job. Her biggest problem were her parents who wanted her to teach just like they did. All she wanted from Mandy was some backup to help try to persuade them it was a great idea,. They had both decided it was much better to do something you like rather than struggle. Making Beth's parents agree with them was not going to be easy. "Please come with me instead of sitting there drinking coffee, it doesn't look as if you have much else to do at the moment and I would be really grateful" said Beth. Rather than agree to go with Beth straight away on what she considered a waste of time, Mandy said "Coffee keeps me going until it's acceptable to drink wine' after I've had the wine I might consider going with you"

I am linking this to Valeries theme of Anything goes on Art Journal Journey 



6 comments:

Neet said...

Lovely background and I love the Lime Green outfit. Great for a young girl if not for me LOL.
You would have to mention teachers - a bit raw with me as last night a friend slagged teacher's off saying they had too many holidays and only worked short hours. Obviously I saw red and pointed out that a doctors' receptionist dis not have to train for three to four years with no salary. She shut up at that point but I could have said so much more. You have to be in it to understand it and I am sure you will agree with me. Beth had the right idea.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Naughty Mandy, not wanting to help her friend. But I can understand her love of coffee. Great page and story, thanks so much for linking to my challenge at AJJ, much appreciated. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Nice cup of coffee you added to your page. And I hope they do do something rather than just sitting there. I like how your figures are colored ot pop right off the page too. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ for Valerie's challenge. I'm glad you and Neet always share on Thursdays with us. And have a wonderful rest of your week. hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great your page fabulous equipped the two girlfriends and the story!
HUg Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your page. I hope Beth can make her point
I love the outfits they both have! Thank you for linking to AJJ and Valerie's theme, hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Poor Beth. She may never get Mandy to go with her at this rate. I really loved the story that went with the snarky saying. It was quite fun and such a great use of those images. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at AJJ using Valerie's theme, dear.

Blog Archive