Thursday 24 November 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet.

The words this week are 'Excuse me, here is your nose, I found it in my business' and are not very easy to illustrate and write a story about. My background is made with the remnants of some paint left on a stencil and wiped off onto the page with a baby wipe. I have added some collage at the bottom before adhering the figures and words to the page.

Bethan is a clothes designer for a well known store in their town, and her friend Valerie are both in Bethan's house looking through her latest designs. She is modelling one and Valerie obviously doesn't think very much of it. "For a start ' she said, "why are your wearing a hat that looks like an umbrella when you are wearing a sundress, it looks ridiculous" "I have also had a look at some of the other designs that are still in the first stages of the final design and they are just too way-out for such a sleepy backwater town like this. I think you should rethink all of them, I certainly wouldn't wear any of them" "I'm not asking you to wear any of them, said Bethan and excuse me, here is your nose, I found it in my business" Valerie was obviously not on the same wave length as Bethan and it looks as if they have totally different tastes in clothes. The best thing Valerie can do is to agree to differ and try not to say anything else, which will be very difficult.

I am linking this to Bluebeard and Elizabeths theme on Art Journal Journey which is Collage fodder and or food/drink or both.



4 comments:

Neet said...

Agreed not an easy snarky comment to weave a story around or illustrate but you made it and I do like your figures and background.
I did think of drawing a large nose on a platter at one time LOL
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

Poor Bethan, but her reply was perfect for Valerie's comment. I actually like her umbrella hat. Thanks for this super page for AJJ and B&E's challenge. I hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I enjoyed how you interpreted that snarky quote. You did a great job. I love Valerie's hair and her outfit, which is a collage fodder image in itself. Bethan may be a designer, but that "hat" is really out there. This is a great entry for Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journey, Wendy. So fun!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great reply. The story is perfect with the quote and the journal is very pretty with the different ladies and their hats.
Hugs Elke

Blog Archive