Thursday 17 November 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet

 The snarky Tim Holtz words this week are 'I plan my whole day around the possibility of a nap' My background was made with acrylic paint left over from a painting I had just finished. I brayered it on and scratched into it. I collaged a border around it and added the figure and wording. I can now link it with Bluebeard and Elizabeth's theme on Art Journal Journey where the theme is collage, food and drink.

Enid has a rather boring life of a housewife with no hobbies. She has got into the habit of writing a list of jobs to do for each day of the week, but doing less on the weekends when hopefully her husband with take her out for a meal or a visit to somewhere interesting. Monday this week started with stripping the bed and washing the bedding. After this if she can fit it in the towels can go into the wash next. The lounge needs a good vacuuming and dusting, which means all her little collections need to come off the shelves. It's times like this that she wished she hadn't started collecting so many small pieces. After lunch the next job is to remake the bed, and clean the hob after making such a mess of it last night. Enid is now behind with her list as the hob wasn't on Mondays list. Onto the next job which is getting dinner ready, lay the table and make herself look presentable. By this time she has had enough, especially as she plans her whole day around the possibility of a nap.





6 comments:

Neet said...

Good thinking! This is a true reflection of someone's daily life and the collecting of nick nacks rings true. Must admit most of what I had on display used to be gifts that I felt obliged to show off but now they are consigned to boxes somewhere.
Loved the page with that border.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

If Enid does so much housework she needs a nap! Lovey journal page and story! Thanks for linking to AJJ! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Enid sounds like she keeps busy in her house. No wonder why she plans her day around her nap. Smile. I like your image. That's a cool purple. And nice collaging too. Thanks for sharing this with us at AJJ for Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's challenge. Have a great rest of the week. hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

With so much housework, I'm not surprised she needs a nap. A fabulous, beautiful journal page made to go with it! I wish you a nice day, hugs-Elke

Gillena Cox said...

Ah. Yes naps are refreshing. Have a nice weekend. Join me at Art For Fun Friday. Link in☺


Much💛love

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to be late visiting. I've been rather sick and have mostly stayed in bed with the cats. I love this beauty. The dress Enid is wearing looks like it was collaged, too. It's a really fun entry, Wendy. Thanks for sharing this joyful piece with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme.

Blog Archive