Thursday 12 December 2019

Thursday Journal with Neet

This week the words certainly had me stumped, they are ' You made no dramatic gestures. Gave no solemn lectures. You simply made the tea. And fetched the biscuit tin'
Not the easiest one to portray, but I thought the two figures said it all. The boss having a relaxing time on the carpet and her friend doing the errands and not happy about it either. In fact she's leaving.
Did this in a bit of a hurry as I am having trouble with my ability to get these large ones on here as my airdrop doesn't work on my photo program.





I am also entering this on Yvonnes theme on Art Journal Journey where the theme is numbers/words

9 comments:

Neet said...

No idea what an airdrop is so can't help there.
Yes, you can imagine the boss being so laid back whilst the employee goes out doing all the shopping.
Lovely background as always.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps both had the same thought - AJJ

Words and Pictures said...

I know exactly what you mean about the grey weather and the mojo (politics is mixed in there for me too!). I love the bright and breezy colours - definitely the boss's worldview, I'd say, with everything being done for her. I'd love to know how she manages once the efficient dogsbody has departed! Great page.
Alison x

Heather said...

Another tricky one to interpret, but you came up with the goods as usual. As Neet says - lovely background as always.

Meggymay said...

I think you made a fabulous journal spread to compliment the quote you were using .
I don't think much of the boss lying around and hoping her staff will do her bidding. I hope she gives them a Christmas bonus.
Thank you for sharing your fabulous fun page with our theme at Art Journal Journey Wendy.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Fun page Wendy. I like all the dots in the background and that lady with colorful hat is sure slumming as the teenagers would say. Nice Wendy. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

A fabulous spread Wendy! xx

froebelsternchen said...

Fabulous pages Wendy! Wishing a wonderful Christmastime!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am so sorry I'm late visiting. Not intentional but my internet and phone lines were down for about two days. Catching up is harder than I thought it would be.

I really like how you interpreted this this rather difficult quote. Your lovely art says it all, from the boss sitting on the carpet to the woman taking her dog and leaving. I hope she didn't miss her chance to receive a Christmas bonus. Thanks for sharing this with us using Yvonne's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

wonderful creative page!!!!Great fun!
greetings Elke

Blog Archive