Monday 3 December 2018

Every Inchie Monday - Chile

This week we are going to Chile for our inchie country.
When my youngest did her gap year she went to Chile to teach English. I went to see her and had a wonderful time. We went down to Patagonia, and saw condors, flamingos, dolphins and some birds I did not recognise. We went over the Andes to Argentina. Seeing the Andes was somewhere I had always wanted to go to, along with the Himalayas ( Doubt I will ever see those though)
I wanted to go to the Easter Islands, but Kevin Costner was filming over there, so no-one was allowed to go. I quite liked him before that !!
For my sewn inchie I have done the national flower (badly) The Chilean bellflower - Lapageria rose
The national animal the Huemul deer - Hippocamelus bisulcus is also on their coat of arms.



3 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Now that's a great story to go with your inchie. That must have been a fantastic trip, but I'm with you about Kevin Costner. I guess with the film crew they had their reasons. But sad for you. Happy new month. Hugs-Erika

Heather said...

What wonderful travels you have had, and what a wonderful collection of inchies you must have built up. Two more great ones for the collection.

inkyfingy said...

Love your travel reminiscences...and your inches are both wonderful...Di

Blog Archive