Thursday 29 August 2024

Thursday Journal with Neet

 

This is the last Dylusions Thursday journal page for Jo's theme of wonderfully wild on Art Journal Journey.

I have now completely run out of Zoo type animals and moving day is in 6 days time, it might be my last until I find everything again. The saying this week is 'That's a wrap on a day where I thought I knew what I was doing.'

Janice was having a chat to her little friend Lily from next door and telling her the silly thing she did today. "First of all I raided Mum's fridge and took out all the fats she had saved from cooking meat, I put them all in a bowl and melted them until they were really soft. I then mixed a load of chopped nuts and dried fruit in the fat, mixed it all up and scarped it into a few half coconut shells and put them in the fridge to let them set." "What a lovely kind things to do for the wild birds" said Lily. "Yes, the idea was very good" admitted Janice, "but there was a problem", "Oh what was that?" asked Lily. "Well it was a very hot day wasn't it, and all the fat melted and dropped on the grass and all the grey squirrels ate it instead, and that was not what I wanted to feed, they are very greedy animals and not native in the UK. I wouldn't have minded so much if they had been our native red ones." "Oh I see what went wrong" said Lily, "but at least it got eaten and not left on the grass so birds feeding on it might have been caught by that awful cat down the road." "Well I suppose that might have happened, so that's a bonus I suppose, that's a wrap on the day where I acted like I knew what I was doing."

This is a sort of true story as my youngest daughter actually did the same.








3 comments:

Neet said...

How lovely to have a funny but true story to call upon for one of the quotes. I too have made seed cakes for the birds but I don't recall them melting - maybe mine were in winter time. A lovely story and a lovely picture to go with it.
remember I will hold off doing these if you want whilst the move to wherever is on.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

I'm smiling at your moving comment Wendy. Not that it's funny, but I can only imagine that if I packed up my supplies to move it would take me forever to find things again too. And why does it seem like there's always one 1 thing you can't find afterwards? That's a great page and nice bird story this week too. Have a super move-I hope it goes smoothly. And thanks for joining Jo's challenge. hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun and fabulous story and page! Loving your background with those fun birds in their boots 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey and sending you happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Blog Archive