Thursday 9 May 2024

Thursday Journal with Neet

 The words this week are 'The fact that have more clothes to sleep in than I do to go out in, say a lot about me as a person' this is the last in this set of Tim Holtz snarky sayings. This one was also very difficult to find a poem to go with it, I gave up and eventually in the eleventh hour had to make a quick one up myself.

Doreen was getting a bit down, sitting on the bedroom floor, wondering what on earth she was going to wear to her friend's party. Perhaps it would be a good idea if she rang her up to ask if it was a posh do, or would it be Ok if she came in her usual casual clothes. The only problem was, that she didn't have posh stuff, she was just a casual sort of girl, and the more comfortable the clothes were the better she liked them. A bit like wearing her pyjamas when she didn't have to go out and wasn't expecting visitors. She decided to think a bit more about getting up to use the phone and give her enough time to rush to the shops and buy a dress, yuk, she didn't really want to do that, but putting it off any longer wasn't getting her anywhere. Maybe I'll leave it for another hour she thought, as I don't really want to buy a dress, perhaps I could tell her I had a bad headache. The fact that I have more clothes to sleep in than I do to go out in says a lot about me as a person.

I am linking this to Valeries and Erika's  theme of Poems on Art Journal Journey 




4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wendy, I love this, it speaks to me. I only have casual clothes but lots of pyjamas etc. I love the poem you wrote, it's fantastic! Thanks so much for linking to AJJ with this lovely journal page and poem. Hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

Have I missed it or have you not put the quote in the story? That was what I found most difficult and as you say, it's not easy linking a poem. But then there are lots of topics it wouldn't be easy linking this quote to. Some hard ones the last couple of weeks for me. Remember what you keep saying to me - a challenge!!
A great page and story nevertheless.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

I LOVE your poem Wendy!!!!!! It is such fun. And it works perfectly with your quote, story and page. Ihope you write your own poems again, because this one really made me smile. Have a lovely weekend ahead. hugs-Eria

pearshapedcrafting said...

Absolutely brilliant! Your poem is so cleverly linked to your page and the quote. Thanks for sharing at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

Blog Archive