Thursday 19 October 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

The words this week from Tim Holtz snarky sayings is : 'You drink too much. You have questionable morals. You're everything I ever wanted in a friend' I will be linking this to Neet's theme of In gear on Art Journal Journey. Jenny has decided to go to a night club in town that  she knows her parents would not approve of, and she is relying on the fact that what they don't know won't worry them.  Jenny's idea of not worrying them is not really based on anything she has experienced so far, and she knows that her best friend Lexi would not tell them. She is in her gear of shorts, leggings and tops and is all set to go. She was hoping that her friend Lexi would go with her, but looking at the clothes Lexi has on are definitely not club gear, they are more like a shopping trip or outing. "I think you should go back and change"suggested Jenny, "you will be really embarrassed going in that" "It's you that is an embarrassment to me" said Lexi " You drink too much. You have questionable morals. You are everything I ever wanted in a friend, come on let's go, I'm looking forward to it. Mum and dad are out, so you can come with me and I'll put some proper  Club gear on".



 

2 comments:

Neet said...

I felt this was a hard one to get my head around, don't know about you. Love the idea behind your story and the page is fabulous, as always, great background and a couple of cute figures.
Thanks for giving another look at 'in gear' where it doesn't have to be metal type gears, you worked it so well.
Hugs, neet

My name is Erika. said...

Interesting story this week Wendy, but it works so well for Tim's snarky comment. I like how you added the clock and those gears in the background. This is great for Neet's challenge. Thanks Wendy for joining in at AJJ again. Have a great rest of the week. hugs-Erika

Blog Archive