Thursday 7 July 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet

 'Yes I know how to shut up, I just don't know when' are the words this week. Angela had invited her friend Janet to come to see her new wallpaper and carpet that had cost her a lot of money. Janet was not impressed and didn't hold back in telling Angela what she thought. Good grief you need sunglasses on to look at it, what on earth possessed you to choose that awful wallpaper to go with that bright but dark carpet. I bet you'll get fed up with it really quickly, she was just about to say a lot more when Angela stopped her and said if you are going to be rude, the door is behind you, please use it to go. Sorry Janet said, yes I know how to shut up, I just don't know when. Timmy the cat was looking at Janet's boots and couldn't make up his mind which he disliked the most, the carpet or the boots. I am linking this to my theme of Doors and/or Arches on Art Journal Journey




6 comments:

Neet said...

Love that cat, he is just perfect for the story.
Isn't it great that these figures of Dyan's allow us to use any colour and colour mix that takes our fancy - I love it when I can just pick a colour whether it goes or not. Great wallpaper by the way.
Hugs, Neet x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love this back story. Mostly I love Timmy and his thoughts of Janet's boots and the carpet. This is really clever and you managed to get a door into the page, too. Thanks for sharing this fun spread with us at Art Journal Journey using your theme. Well done.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I just love this art and the stories. Like I mentioned before.... a book? Have a great day. Hope you join me in Friday Face. Off

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh Wendy! What a wonderful story behind the adorable art!!! I love it!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Poor Angela! Love how the cat got in on the act too! You've really made me smile! Such a great continuation of brilliant pages for your theme! Hugs, Chrisx

Meggymay said...

I wouldn't want big boots like those tramping on my carpets, its a great back story and a fantastic page to go with the quote and illustrate your AJJ theme.
Yvonne xx

Blog Archive