Thursday 6 May 2021

Thursday Journal with Neet

 " I don't want to do things, things suck" are the words for this week and Doreen and her friend Nancy have been discussing what to do at the weekend. Doreen has suggested several nice pursuits to fill in the weekend, like going for a walk in the countryside, going to a stately home with a lovely garden, go to a show in the evening, or go out for a super meal. Nancy does not want to do anything, especially if it involves anything strenuous. She would be quite happy sitting and doing nothing. Doreen came out with a few more suggestions and all she got back from Nancy was "I don't want to do things, things suck"

I have adhered some of the Dylusion collage pieces to the background.                                                       The theme set by Elle (Empire of the cat) on Art Journal Journey is Language. Elle explains that it can be interpreted  with the language of flowers, colour, books, your own art, symbols etc as well as the language of words, gestures between humans.



9 comments:

Neet said...

Glad to see you are using some of the older stamped images - I used that one recently too (the one on the left). Just wish she would come out with some new ones - don't know if you feel the same. Well, I think you do to be honest.
I like the way you have used green as a contrast to that pink background. Nice colours.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

There are definitely some great body language between Doreen and Nancy. And I love your other details like that cool background. This is a great page for Elle's challenge. Thanks for joining us Wendy. Hope all is well with you. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page and story! You and Neet always have very imaginative ideas. Hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

I love this page Wendy! Great background and images! xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I had one of those 'grump' days the other week! She'll get over it!!! Love the colours here! Hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love your choice of ladies this week and how you integrated them in your story. This was a lovely piece and even the background was colorful and set the women off nicely. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Elle's theme.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

wonderful page!!!! The figures are again imaginatively designed and match your great story,hugs Elke

Empire of the Cat said...

Great page Wendy! I think those two ladies are definitely communicating with their body language and the looks on their faces lol Thanks for joining us for the Language theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle xx

nwilliams6 said...

Wendy, I like your thoughts on the language of color, symbols, and how we use it all. I also love how you did this page! Fabulous and you captured me so well - lol! I really probably would say something like that lately - I am getting pretty lazy! Fun colors, images, background and story! Hugz

Blog Archive