Thursday 3 September 2020

Thursday Journal with Neet

 Not an easy one to do this week. 'The more I see of man, the more I love animals' So my story is : Jill has been very upset about the destruction of large areas of the Amazon rain forests, so that man can graze cattle and make money. When will some government body stop this before it's too late she wonders, hence the saying The more I see of man, the more I love animals'    I used Distress inks for the background and used a flame stencil for the flames, and there is also some more stencils used with a metallic paint on the background.I stamped and drew some burnt out trees. Jill looks somewhat fed up with the whole thing.                                                                                                                                                  Erika suggested that I put this on Art Journal Journey where Jo's theme is Texture.




10 comments:

Neet said...

You did this rather well I think - certainly thought outside the box and what an angry looking young woman she is. Well done!
Hugs, Neet xx

Karen said...

She does look fed up ~ But look at the face of her trusty companion. You did a great job portraying flames ~ take deep relaxing breaths & stay well

My name is Erika. said...

I love the pup! And you have some fun texture on your page too. You should link up to AJJ. This is a great take on your quote of the week.

Meggymay said...

Thank you for linking your great page with us at AJJ. It was a super way to illustrate your chosen quote.
Stay safe.
YVonne x

My name is Erika. said...

Glad you joined us Wendy. Thanks for linking up! Hugs again-Erika

craftytrog said...

A brilliant page Wendy! xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This was great, Wendy. I love how you colored the rather angry lady's outfit. LOVE the shoes and her hair, too. Thanks so very much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey, too.

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! You interpreted the quote fabulously, love the story of the rain forest too 😀. The texture that you created in the background looks amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Jo x

nwilliams6 said...

Love her outfit, love where you went with the prompt, and your background is fabulous. I heard an NPR special on the rain-forest destruction and had the feeling no government is really going to do anything. Money is the root of all evil (the lack of it is a well it seems). Great page! Love it.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

The love of money is, indeed, at the root of all evil. Nice journal page.

Blog Archive