Thursday 14 May 2020

Thursday Journal with Neet

This week the words are "I thought you said medicate, oh you said meditate"
Well that would be easy to muddle up if you weren't listening properly, my husband hardly ever hears  properly what I really ask him to do !!!
The background was a mop up page, and I used it out of necessity as I had just had a non event birthday yesterday, and I forgot all about doing this page. The figures are a mix of bodies and heads and coloured with watercolour pens. The lady reclining on the ground looks as if she has taken too many pills as indicated by the amount of bottles next to her. Her friend just looks exasperated with her.  So last minute once again.
I used a flower stencil for the background and edges so I can enter it in Mia's theme of flowers on Art Journal Journey


10 comments:

Neet said...

Great figures you chose and I love the addition of all the bottles. Fancy forgetting! I did just the same the other week - it all blends into one these days doesn't it.
Hugs, Neet xx

Mia said...

Lovely art dolls here and a gorgeous background! What a lovely idea to use a stencil for the flowers! Thank you so much for joining my challenge at AJJ!

Heather said...

Another great page and a gorgeous background.

Tammy said...

What an awesome page! I love the colorful floral background and cute images, fun sentiment too!
Tammy x

Meggymay said...

Its a great page Wendy and the flower background stencil looks lovely. She does look very relaxed the medication must be doing her good.
Thank you for linking to Mia;s theme at Art Journal Journey.
Belated Happy Birthday wishes.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

I like this Wendy. It is a great image for your quote. And the flowered background is great and perfect for Mia's challenge too. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

Dortesjs said...

great page and it is great to meditate sometimes lol lol

Words and Pictures said...

Definite exasperation on the face of the friend, and her irritation has fuelled those vibrant orange colour tones, I think. Fabulous stencilling in the background - I saw over at Neet's that you said you'd forgotten (so hard keeping track of the days), so if this was done in a hurry, it's all the more fabulous!
Alison x

kathyinozarks said...

I love your art-hugs

nwilliams6 said...

Definitely a difference in those two words! Love your characters - they are always so interesting and doing the most interesting things! Fab background too. Wonderfully done and so fun.

Blog Archive