Thursday 19 September 2019

Thursday Journal with Neet

'Please come again when you can't stay as long' are the words this week. The background was made using Dylusion spray inks one page and then closing the book, so it inked the opposite side. I then used various stencils to make the edges and patterns. The figures are a mix of stamps and coloured with watercolour pens.

I have been working on my retreat journal since I got home and other things in my studio have been neglected. I really must get back to my textile work and do some pieces from out last lesson, which was silhouettes. I have some ideas, I just need to get them down on paper to see if they will work.

  

I am also entering this in Art Journal Journey where Erika's great theme is polka dots, stripes or patterns

6 comments:

Heather said...

Another gorgeous page. You certainly know how to get the most out of the materials and media at your disposal. I keep saying I must practice making interesting backgrounds, but that's as far as I've got!

Words and Pictures said...

Love your take on these words - the woman with her bag packed ready to leave looks so disgruntled! Great colours and border too.
Alison x

Meggymay said...

Fabulous words for your fun page Wendy.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was impressed by how you made the background, Wendy. I like the idea of closing the book so the pattern is the same on both sides. I may have to steal (OOPS) borrow that idea in the future. Of course, if I do, I'll definitely give you credit for the idea. Love all the patterns you created and those women are always so fun to see, too. Thanks for once again joining us at Art Journal Journey using Erika's theme.

froebelsternchen said...

This is amazing Wendy! Fantastic words and gorgeous colours , I love what you did with the figures. Thank you for supporting AJJ again dear Wendy.
Happy weekend!
Susi xxx

My name is Erika. said...

Fantastic border Wendy. And the whole page too. Thanks so much for linking up to AJJ. This page is really great! Hugs-Erika

Blog Archive