Friday 21 November 2014

Artful Times -- Triptych

For my DT piece on Artful Times I decided to do something I had wanted to do for a long time. I wanted to use an old photograph of my late brother and myself as small children. I also had a couple of us that were taken on the same day in 2006. My brother was making a speech at my 2nd wedding.
He sadly died in 2008
I have used a wooden triptych frame. which I painted with Fresco paints, and then with crackle glaze, and then some more paint. I mounted the photos on some hand made paper, and added a clock and some cogs, to denote the passage of time.
On the back I stamped various appropriate words and quotes. The middle one which has caught the light reads:  Memories are treasures that we keep locked deep within the storehouse of our souls, to keep our hearts warm when we are lonely



5 comments:

Meggymay said...

A beautiful triptich, and so filled with your special memories.
Yvonne x

chrissie said...

Very beautiful triptych Wendy and a lovely tribute.

Love Chrissie x

Heather said...

This is so lovely Wendy. Glad you eventually got to make it. It will obviously be very precious to you and bring back lots of happy memories.

Neet said...

Lovely Wendy - and such a treasure to keep with your brother being on it especially.
Hug, Neet x

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful and very poignant.

KH

Blog Archive