Saturday, 7 July 2012

Altered spectacle case

I have to admit that this sat on my desk for several months before I managed to come up with  an idea. It was the  fact that everyone else had done theirs, that spurred me on.
I painted the case inside and out with acrylic paint, and when this was dry I glued some shells in the bottom bit, and fibers for seaweed, and a couple of seahorses in the top. I added some diamond glaze in the bottom so that it looked wet. The outside of the case I painted with a metallic turquoise, and before it goes to my swap partner, I'll glaze it to stop the paint chipping off.

6 comments:

Heather said...

It's lovely Wendy and well worth the wait. A little treasure chest for a mermaid.

Cath Wilson said...

Beautiful, Wendy - love that turquoise and I especially love the wet looking bit - great idea x

Buttons said...

What an amazing piece of repurposing! Your imagination knows no bounds it seems! Thanks for sharing, hugs Buttons x

Neet said...

That looks super Wendy, love the turquoise shade you used - just perfect for the underwater theme. Great idea to use the Gloss for the water - very realistic.
Hugs, Neet xx

NETTI said...

This is brilliant, Wendy! It all looks so real!!!!

Lottie said...

What a fabulous idea - I could kick myself as I gave my old spec and cases to the optician for charity

Blog Archive