Thursday 25 September 2008

My page for Astrid

This is my page for Astrid, in the Round Robin. Her subject is 'Children from a bygone age' I liked this image of the two little boys playing outside, so gave them some snow to play in. I did this with some embossing powder that puffs up when heated. The background is inked and stamped, with a light covering of Gesso to make it look wintery. The back page is made from paper that I clean my encaustic iron on, so it's slightly waxy, I then stamped that and added an image. The wording is " My brothers are playing in the snow. I have to stay in. They gave me a lollypop to keep me quiet. It won't work

7 comments:

Sandra (the netherlands) said...

What a beautifull work you make.

Raven's Rest Studio, Jennifer Conway said...

Beautiful! Love the mood you've created - and love, love, love the texture and layers...

On a Whimsey said...

What lovely images and how innovative of you to use the back page you've cleaned your iron on! Waste not, want not!!!

Faye said...

Wendy, this is really gorgeous.

Viv said...

Beautiful (as always!)

Femmy said...

fabulous pages!! Astrid will love them!!

vintage wil said...

wow .. what a beauttiful artwork !!!

Blog Archive